It’s just coming into April as we think of emerging from “Lockdown 3”. We were so pleased that we could get back to our regular printed monthly magazine back in October last year. And we managed to print four issues in a row. But with this new lockdown we are again limiting ourselves to an online version – feeling it would be irresponsible to ask our distributors to go round the village delivering copies of what would inevitably be a thinner magazine at this time. We hope you enjoy this alternative – promising that we plan to return to a printed version as soon as we safely can. If all goes well, that will be the May issue distributed at the end of April.
Please do get in touch with the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to contribute any articles or other items of interest.
His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
The Editorial Board of the Kidlington News wish to express their sadness at the death of His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh. Our thoughts are with the Royal Family, and in particular with the Queen, who has lost her consort of 73 years. The nation has lost a devoted public servant.
For further information go to www.royal.uk.
Image of HRH Duke of Edinburgh courtesy of the Press Association.
What’s New – in just the last few days
During January and February we provided a lot of new material in all sections: Articles, Councils, Churches, Organisations, Announcements and Your Photos. And since then we’ve added:
- Leisure centres spring into action
- Three Soups for Spring
- April Weather
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh – from Kidlington Parish Council
- His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh – a message from the Chairman of Cherwell District Council
- New family-friendly walking routes in Kidlington
- Adult Learning – May
- Kidlington Library reopens 12th April
- Dance 10 Theatre Arts – 12th April
- Cherwell Collective wins International Recognition
- CDC Get ready to vote on 6th May
- Picture Teaser – 2
- Seedling Swap – 17th April