- Flexible 7.5 -15 hours per week (approximately)
- £13.82 per hour (pay review pending)
- Pension scheme with employer’s contribution
- 28 days holiday pro-rata’d
Flexicare is a small, local charity, which provides a home respite service for families with severely disabled children; giving a few hours of care for the child and their siblings while their parents take a break. The service is currently run by a manager (who also provides care), two care-coordinators and a team of volunteers.
We are currently looking for a third care-coordinator, whose role includes:
- Carrying out visits
- Arranging visits as requested by families
- Providing support for the team and ensuring high standards of care
- Assessing prospective new families and volunteers
- Facilitating training
- Assisting with the running of the charity and fundraising events
We are looking for someone who:
- has a nursing background or experience with working with severely disabled children
- is prepared to work flexibly (including some evenings and weekends)
- is a car driver with access to a car (essential)
- is not afraid of cake baking!
This is a lovely job for the right person, the flexibility offered to the families extends to the staff and volunteers too, so working for the charity fits in around other commitments. The team is small, friendly and supportive, and the work is varied and enjoyable. If this sounds like something that would interest you, call us on 01865 321881 or 0781 7727563. Interviews will be held before Easter, probably virtually.